Friday, November 16, 2012

La Claire Fontaine short story

I have written and posted a short story based in France called La Claire Fontaine. It is inspired by the French children's song A La Claire Fontaine. It is a YA Paranormal Romance, so there is a paranormal twist to it. It's only 4 pages, so please read it when you have a spare moment. Read the story for free here:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/3091468-la-claire-fontaine

I am working on the final edits to my first teen romance novel available in the coming months. I plan on using a drawing for the cover which I have not yet completed. The drawing pertains to the story because there is a scene where the boy draws a portrait of the lead female character.

For those of you interested in writing and the paranormal, I write about those topics on my writing blog:

http://www.planetkimberly.blogspot.com

I will continue to post my artwork on this site. With all the writing I've been doing, I'm finding little time to draw. It's a shame, I know, but although drawing seems like a chore of late, I really do want to draw again.

I really like the drawings of Brock Cole which I have recently seen in a children's book called The Money We'll Save.

Also, a really good children's book I read is Gershom's Monsters. The illustrations and story are both great.


No comments: