Thursday, January 10, 2013

Apple TV, Flickr, and Publishing a Sketchbook

Wendy, my sister-in-law, gave us an Apple TV for Christmas. I love it!! Great sister-in-law, right? I totally love these techy gadgets that are out these days.

We watch Netflix and YouTube stuff on it and I can also view my Flickr drawings on there. Apple TV uses my Flickr drawings as a screensaver. How cool is that?! For me it's really cool to see my drawings blown up on the TV. They actually look better up there. You can choose different modes to view the images. I chose the one that moves the images around the screen and highlights one image at a time by enlarging it or scrolling down the taller images. It's artistically composed with smaller images on the sides.

My husband couldn't believe how many drawings I have. He suggested that I gather my drawings together to create a sketchbook to sell. He says I have enough drawings to do it. It's a good idea, so I really want to do that this year. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution even though I believe people should have resolutions year round and not just at the beginning of the year.

The only problem I have with putting my drawings together in a book is that most of them are already online for public view. I'll have to take like a week or two to sit down and really create a lot of new drawings for the sketchbook. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm just afraid it will take too much time away from my writing.

I've always wanted to do a gallery show, but never have. The artwork I have created over the years has partially been done with that in mind. No matter how many drawings or paintings I do, I always feel like it's still not enough to have a gallery show. A cohesive one, anyway. Maybe one day it will happen, but I have too many things want to accomplish before I get around to focusing on that. Publishing a sketchbook will satisfy me enough for now.

2 comments:

Shiho Nakaza said...

Hi Kimberly - good to hear that you're still drawing! Here's to more creativity in 2013!

Kimberly Robello said...

Thanks, Shiho. I haven't been in the mood to draw much since my dad died, but lately I have been anxious to draw and paint like I used to. It's finding the time that's hard.