Monday, April 21, 2014

Face-a-Day, Ellen

 
This was actually drawn in green ink, but it doesn't really show up. At least on my screen it doesn't.

I am totally not in the mood to draw today. I'm tired from 3 days of Wondercon. I barely got to see all the booths. I went to 2 or 3 panels, but couldn't get into the Winner Twins panel about novel writing and publicizing your novel once you've written it. I wasn't able to make it to the Jim Lee panel where he drew for the audience. I figured that would be packed and I wouldn't be able to get in, so I didn't even bother.

I did get to meet two of my favorite authors Rachel Hawkins (Hex Hall) and Shannon Messenger (Keeper of the Lost Cities). I bought their latest book and got their signatures. There was no line to see them so I was able to chat with them for a bit and pick their brains on writing. It was awesome!

Today, my energy level and enthusiasm is low. I did 2 really awful drawings today because of it. I wasn't into it. I won't be posting those, ever! Looking on the bright side, though, with those drawings I finished a sketchbook! It's kind of a killjoy finishing with a bad drawing, but I'm glad it's done. It's the spiral bound book that I did this drawing in.

I just have 2 more pages to go in my Moleskine then I'll be done with another sketchbook. Seriously looking forward to moving on. I only have at least 10 more sketchbooks to finish. :O/


No comments: