Thursday, April 10, 2014

Face-a-Day, Girl With Heart On Her Cheek

 

This was experimental and sort of became a disaster in the middle, but I liked the way it turned out. I covered the face with masking fluid using an old paintbrush. It was a good thing I used an OLD paintbrush because the masking fluid basically ruined it, so I had to throw the brush away. I decided to drip the masking fluid on the page which was a better idea because it came off easily after I applied the watercolor inks. The caked-on masking fluid on the face tore the paper when I lifted it off, so part of my drawing was obliterated. The ink bled through under the masking fluid, too, so I had to go over it with white paint. The ink mixed with the masking fluid at some point, but it turned out okay in the end. I went over everything with Prismacolor pencils.

This was done in my Moleskine sketchbook. I lifted some of the paint off with a crumpled paper towel to get some patterns.

No comments: