Saturday, May 24, 2014

Face-a-day, Techie

 
I messed up on this one, but I still like the way it turned out. I can imagine him as an animated character, moving and talking and saying something interesting. 

This guy is technical, sort of like my 10 year old son who arranges my Clash of Clans village for me because I don't know what I'm doing. He set my village up, but I thought I would be clever and rearrange it. I spent 20 min. trying to build the walls and add all the pieces, but none of it lined up. It was crooked and confusing. Finally, I asked him to fix it for me even though it was past his bedtime.

He said, "Mom, you ran out of walls. Can I erase the whole thing and start over?" I said, "Yes" and he rearranged it all in 5 min. I thought, how did this happen that this ten-year-old knows how to do all that and I don't? People joke about it, but it's kind of spooky. I didn't expect him to surpass me in this sort of thing (technology, logic, math) until he was in his upper teens.

This game is all about strategy. I get nervous when I have to raid someone and 9 times out of 10 I lose. My 8-year-old is better at it than I am. I had him attack a village for me (I know it sounds bad, but this game is addicting) and he did really well. He put a very small amount of the weakest warriors against the strongest weapon and broke the weapon. At first I was like, "What are you doing?!" (freak out, freak out) because I've used strong giants against that weapon and they were destroyed in one hit. 

I was really stunned when I saw that. That's like Frodo taking on Sauron. "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future," as Galadriel says.


No comments: