Saturday, May 31, 2014

Face-a-day - Yeah, I Don't Think So

So, since I finished my sketchbook with white bond paper yesterday and I didn't feel like drawing in a Moleskine, I decided to use this sketchbook with colored paper. 

Ink doesn't look as good on this type of paper, so I went with Black Prismacolor. I haven't done this type of drawing in a while, so I was a bit rusty. 

I started off with brown Prismacolor as a preliminary underdrawing (I think I just made up that word), but as I expected, that didn't look so good. I decided to just go straight to black and it looked better. Black Prismacolor usually looks good on this type of colored/slightly textured paper. I also like that this kind of paper allows you to use white as a sort of highlight.

This whole book will probably be filled with Prismacolor drawings. I hope there is an improvement by the time I get to the last page. Right now I feel like I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to this medium, so hopefully I'll figure it out.

No comments: