Saturday, May 03, 2014

Face-a-Day, You'd Better Be Gone

 
"When I count to ten, you'd better be gone. I don't want to see you on my property again."

Today, I was at Staples hoping to find a cool sketchbook. Yeah, I know I don't need another one, but I couldn't help looking. I didn't find one I liked which was actually a good thing. But, what I did find was Wite-Out that is a pen and a brush, all-in-one. I am planning on using it to draw on brown paper. I think this is what Anne Bachelier does and I am excited to try it! It is going to turn out awesome! At least that's what I'm thinking. I'm hoping.

Last week I was studying Danish through Pimsleur. I'm actually further along in German than Danish, so I wanted to catch up. Then I went through my Memrise app to refresh my memory of Danish words I had studied. Last night, I was looking at some blogs in Danish to see how much I knew and was surprised that I could actually read some sentences! Wow, that was an awesome feeling! So, I'm renewing my Danish studies with more vigor now.

However, when I went to some German blogs, I discovered that I could hardly read anything. I think Danish words are closer to English than German and are easier to pronounce. Seeing the words written out was more confusing, too because with Pimsleur it's all audio.

One of these days, I'm going to read a full novel in one of these languages.




No comments: