Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Face-a-day, Bobby

 
Whoa! I almost forgot to post this today. That would've broken my face-a-day streak for the year.

I've been preoccupied with one problem after another. We finally got our new washing machine in, but the hookup, which I learned is called a boiler drain, is leaking. So we buy a boiler drain, but you can't twist it off without a pipe wrench. I've never heard of a pipe wrench before, but it's also called a monkey wrench. I didn't know there actually was such a thing as a monkey wrench, but now I do apparently. My husband always says, "There's always a problem that throws a monkey wrench into my plans." Maybe since he says it so often, the universe arranged for us to actually have to buy a monkey wrench to solve our problems. It didn't fix our problems after all. My uncle came over and sawed off the pipe to get the part on. Now it works, but the washing machine seems to be using hot water on both  the hot and cold settings. I don't get it.

To top it off, we have had a ton of flies in our house for the last 3 days. Something must've died under our house or a cat pooped under there. The doors are closed, but they still keep coming in. We can't find the source or the hole they are coming in. This seems to happen once every 2 or 3 years. Fun times.

No comments: