Thursday, June 19, 2014

Face-a-day - Moody and Gloomy

 
The model that I drew this from actually is prettier than I drew her. Ah, you win some, you lose some. It's hit and miss in this game of drawing.

I couldn't see the picture very well because my eyesight isn't as great at it used to be. I'm afraid one day my eyesight will go or I'll develop arthritis in my hands and I won't be able to draw anymore. In the meantime, I'll just keep drawing. I hope to leave my drawings to my kids, friends, or relatives that will live longer than I will so that they'll have something to remember me by.

I only have one relative that was an artist. I never met him because he's a great uncle who died before I was born, but he used to paint with enamel on glass. My parents have one of his paintings up at their house. It's pretty good. I would never have known about him if it weren't for that painting. Hopefully one of my relatives will one day look at my drawings and say, "My great grandmother drew these. She used to be an artist." Something like that. It's always nice to have something tangible to remember someone by.

No comments: