Sunday, August 10, 2014

Face-a-day - Sun's Dream

 
I'm always surprised when I see the digital versions of my drawings/paintings because the colors come out different every time. This time I really like the way the colors came out. They are richer than the original. The closeup is even better because the texture of the paper really pops:
 
I like to think my art style varies, but to others I might have a distinctive style unique to me. I don't know. I think at this point I am trying different media to keep myself from being bored. 

I get inspiration from other artists and like to look at art on Pinterest and Flickr. The artwork I like is usually very different from my own. An hour ago, I was admiring artwork from some of my favorite artists, such as John Singer Sargent, Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Modigliani, and Toulouse Lautrec. At the same time, I was also admiring works of unknown artists. I look at how people put colors together or how bold their marks are or how they interpret the body and facial features or what kinds of patterns they use in their pieces. I learn from them and try to incorporate it in my own artwork.

I'm still trying to push the envelope with my art, but it's never far enough. I think I'm still too scared to mess the drawing up.

No comments: