Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Face-a-Day - Summer Freckles

 
I know it's October, but it is 88 degrees where I am today. It's actually a lot cooler than the 90-100 degree weather we have been having for weeks. Still, summer is over, so this drawing is my official goodbye to summer. No more beach outings until next year.

On another note, I'm kinda freaking out about the Ebola virus. I figured it was a matter of time before someone who came in contact with the first Ebola victim, Thomas Duncan, in the US caught it. Now is not a good time to be living in a big city. My friend's relatives are going to Africa this month for a vacation. She is even freaking out because they want to take her son trick-or-treating when they come back. I see this friend twice a week, too. Six degrees of separation doesn't seem too appealing right now. lol

My son's classmate is from Africa as well. I'm hoping they don't have any infected relatives coming to visit. I may sound paranoid, but it's not too far-fetched. The doctors and nurses who treated Thomas Duncan were extremely careful, weren't they? Nurse Nina Pham who treated Thomas Duncan is now infected.

All the germophobes must be seriously wetting themselves right now. The last person living just might be Monk. lol!

No comments: