Sunday, November 23, 2014

Face-a-Day - Singing Nun

 
I don't really know if this woman is supposed to be a nun, but she just looks like one to me. So, in honor of Sunday, she's the singing nun. It's random, I know. Anyway, this background is a color that I'm thinking of using for future projects. I was experimenting with it, trying to create the colors that Olivier Tallec uses in his artwork. I like the way he adds white to his colors to give them a muted pastel sort of look. He also is not afraid to put bright colors next to each other. In the past, pastels and bright colors are colors I would never or rarely use. I guess my tastes are changing as I get old. 

I didn't really do anything with the color except use it as a background. I just wanted to see what it would look like. I used green, yellow, blue, and white gouache. As I almost never use gouache, my paints were just about all dried up. I guess it's time for a new set. When I have more time, I want to draw something cute and use these muted pastel colors. I hope they come out as good as Olivier Tallec's illustrations. Fingers crossed.

No comments: