Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Inktober - Day 20 Richie Rich

I didn't realize that I hadn't posted an ink drawing for today. Almost missed it!

I wanted to go with something related to Halloween, so I went with this. Lately, I've been looking for Richie Rich comics to read. The first comic shop I went to didn't have any. They ordered one for me, but it was the newer version of Richie Rich. I went to another comic shop and I was thrilled that they had the old ones. They were half off in the "Silver Age" section. Wow, that sounds so old! My husband bought me a few. I love them! 

When I was a kid, my favorite comics were Archie and Richie Rich. I still read Archie, including Betty and Veronica, of course. I am kicking myself for not drawing them when I was a kid. I would've been able to draw comics a lot better now. I was more into writing and reading back then.

I'm hoping to find more Richie Rich comics at the Comikaze Comic Convention in a couple of weeks. I want to find an issue with Mayda Money in it. She was one of Richie Rich's friends. For some reason, she really sticks out in my head. Wow, I'm regressing.

I mentioned Richie Rich to my friend, Lisa, who has been my best friend since second grade. We lamented on the things from childhood our moms have thrown away. She reminded me that we used to collect Charlie's Angels cards. I had forgotten all about them! I don't care about Charlie's Angels now, but strangely enough, I really miss those cards. Especially the one with Cheryl Lad on it.

So, anyway, this is my practice drawing comics combining Richie Rich with a sort of Halloween theme.



No comments: