Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sketchbook

 
 This sketchbook was given to me by my husband. He forgot that he already bought me the same one months ago, but it doesn't matter because I love sketchbooks. I will definitely use it. If you like it and want to buy one for yourself, you can find it at Michael's Arts and Crafts Store. This is the cover and first page. 

Speaking of sketchbooks, I have a sketchbook that you can check out at the Brooklyn Art Library (call number 301.1-6). If you are there, you can check out and view lots of sketchbooks created by artists and writers around the world. It's part of The Sketchbook Project. Last year, The Sketchbook Project Tour was in Los Angeles at The Los Angeles County Museum of Art or LACMA. I was able to check out and flip through a small portion of the vast collection they have. My favorite was Castells de Vent by Viu. You can view it online on The Sketchbook Project's web site.

My sketchbook is physically at the Brooklyn Art Library which, I believe, is affiliated with the Brooklyn Museum of Art. If you are not in the area, you can view my sketchbook online starting from sometime between March 10-26, 2016. It will be online indefinitely, so you can look at it anytime after March. I hope you like it!




No comments: