Thursday, May 19, 2016

Life drawing - May 19



Today was the second day I went to this life drawing class I found that was pretty cheap. The models are all clothed and they sit in a chair. The artists are mainly interested in portraiture, but I can still draw the body for practice. This is my first drawing of the morning. It was supposed to be a warm-up ink drawing, but I ended up painting it. I should've used watercolor paper. It was done in a 9"x12" sketchbook.

I got some tips from one of the veterans of the class. He draws just for fun and he's retired. No formal training, yet he draws really well. Geez, I've been drawing for most of my life with years of formal training, yet he picked it up so quickly. I think he said he started drawing 7 years ago when he retired. He takes a sketchbook around with him everywhere and draws. I do that, too... Man, I suck.

No comments: