Monday, September 12, 2016

Bodhi in Gi


Inktober is coming up next month. Anybody who has a social media account can participate. All you do is draw something in ink and post it to your blog, Facebook, Instagram, or whatever social media platform you prefer. There is no cost. I did it last year and was surprised at how many people enjoyed seeing my drawings posted every day. I'm not sure if I want to stick with a theme this year or just do random drawings. I'll probably try to do a theme, but with the lack of time will probably just post whatever I can draw quickly. A Halloween theme would be good since it's October, but I'm thinking of doing a Gibson girl theme.

I heard that Manga Studio 5 was a good software program for artists including comic book artists. The newer version is called Clip Studio Paint Ex and is touted to be better and cheaper than Photoshop. It's on sale at Smith Micro right now. I downloaded it last night, but haven't watched any tutorials on how to use it yet. I'm very excited to use it for my comics and emojis. I normally don't like digital art. I don't like the fuzzy edges they make. I take one look at that artwork and move on to the next image. I hate it. Maybe I'll get used to it and turn to the dark side once I learn how to use this program.


No comments: