Saturday, September 03, 2016

My new website

I put it off for too long, but I built a website showcasing my portfolio. There are tabs for illustration, fashion illustration, painting, and sketches. I want to send out query letters to literary agents for my picture book, but they are asking to see a portfolio.

I don't see the point in paying for a website when you can make one for free. The point is to show your work and what you can do. Your work should speak for itself, not the fancy layout. I find a lot of paid websites too plain. Sure, the free ones have an ad or two on it, but still, that shouldn't be the reason why the artist wouldn't get a job. Maybe it's a sort of propaganda from these companies that want people to dish out money monthly for a website. I don't know...maybe one of these days I'll follow everyone else and get a "professional" website. Meanwhile, here is the link to mine:

http://kimberlyrobello.wixsite.com/portfolio

No comments: